I’m sure most of us wish we could eat ice cream every day of the week . . . or in my case frozen yogurt (I like the creamy texture better.), but alas, it’s not really the healthiest thing to do. Healthy dessert alternatives are a must-have in my house, and my Muesli Mason Jar recipe has been a go-to for a long time. It’s super quick and easy.
The recipe below is ideal in a mason jar because frankly, it just looks prettier. But for real, mason jars are reusable, allow for portion control, and great for on the go! Check out my other favorite mason jar recipes HERE.
When Bob’s Red Mill sent over some of my favorite products, plus some new ones, I thought this recipe would be a great one to try with their Paleo Style Muesli. I’ve been eating their Old Country Style Muesli for years, but I’m always open to grain-free options. The coconut flakes in the Paleo Style Muesli makes it a winner.
Once you’ve done this once, it will take you less than 5 minutes to make.
(Note: Exact measurements are not given because it will depend on the size of your mason jar.)
Muesli (I recommend Bob’s Red Mill.)
Greek Yogurt (I recommend full fat as it will be creamier.) If you want a dairy-free option, click HERE.
Your choice of berries (I mix it up between raspberries, blueberries, and strawberries.)
Mason Jar – 16 oz, 12 oz, 8 oz, or even 4 oz., depending on how much you want
- Start with just a bit of apple juice in the bottom of your jar. 1/8-1/4 cup is plenty in an 12-16 oz. mason jar, however, the more apple juice there is, the sweeter it will taste.
- Add your muesli. Again, this depends on how much crunch you want to your treat.
- Fill your jar about half way with Greek yogurt.
- Alternate to the top of the jar with berries and greek yogurt.
- Store in the fridge.
- When it’s time to enjoy your healthy dessert, you may want to add a little more muesli on top. If you like more muesli you can also add it in when you are alternating yogurt and berries and instead do yogurt, berries, muesli.
There is lots of room to play with this recipe and make it your own, depending on which ingredients you like best. If you haven’t been a fan of muesli in the past, I do highly recommend trying out Bob’s Red Mill. It’s the best muesli around. Plus, Bob’s Red Mill offers the largest lines of organic, whole grain foods in the country! All of their products are certified Kosher and made with ingredients grown from non-GMO seeds.