Honestly, I don’t know what I would do without mason jars. They help me prep breakfasts, snacks, and even light lunches/dinners. Today I’m sharing with you some of my favorites.
Here are my 3 favorite reasons I am obsessed with mason jars:
- They make me feel like I’m doing my part, in a small way, since you’re not wasting plastic bags. Most mason jars are reuseable.
- They help me with portion control for items I tend to overindulge in. You can easily divvy up snacks for the little ones too.
- The best part is that they are great for on the go – just grab one and run!
Here are 7 of my current favorite Mason Jar ideas:
1. Fruit and Yogurt Parfait Jar: Alternate berries and Greek yogurt. Leave a little room on top for granola. I recommend adding the granola at the last minute so it doesn’t taste soggy.
2. Muesli Mason Jar: Add muesli, Apple Juice, and greek yogurt. Depending on how sweet you want it, have the muesli to apple juice ratio be 1:1 or 2:1, so if you add a cup of museli, somewhere from a 1/2 to full cup of apple juice. Yogurt should be the same amount as muesli. Option to add berries to the top.
3. Salty Snack Jar: Add salty snacks and shake it up. I love Pirate’s Booty, Pretzels & Veggie Straws but you could do whatever you like, maybe popcorn or mini crackers.
4. Fruit and Nut Jar: Add dried fruit and nuts and shake it up. I recommend using small mason jars for this, unless you are able to control yourself.
5. Veggie Jar: Slice up vegetables and put them in the jar. If you don’t have a ton of time, I recommend baby carrots, cucumbers and celery. Baby carrots you don’t have to slice and I find cucumbers and celery are some of the easiest to cut up fast.
6. Salad Mason Jar: Add shredded lettuce and cut up veggies. Hold the salad dressing until you’re ready to eat. Just add it, shake it up and you are ready to go.
7. Grape Jar: Sounds ridiculous, but if you’re like me, I can eat a whole bag of grapes in one sitting, so dividing them up in mason jars really helps me with portion control.
And here’s a video of all the ideas mentioned above. Please let me know if you have any recommendations of your own in the comment section below.