“Eat your veggies!” How many times have you said this to your kid? Or how many times do you remember your parents saying this to you?
There are so many forms of self-care that we do for our kids on a regular basis that we seem to neglect for ourselves. I know for me, just like hydrating, I have to be conscious on a daily basis to include my greens. I always feel so much better when I do.
So here’s a list of a some easy ways to sneak in greens for ALL of your meals:
- Scrambled eggs on a layer of spinach (or arugula, kale, etc.)
- Add greens to any scramble, frittata or breakfast burrito (my favorite way).
- Add greens to a morning smoothie.
- Super Green Salad – challenge yourself to add as many greens as possible
- Sandwich Lettuce Wrap – literally wrap your sandwich in lettuce
- Stir Fry with Greens – I do this on a weekly basis for dinner and eat the leftovers for lunch.
- Zucchini noodles (with sauce and/or meatballs) – I love doing this with a spiralizer.
- Protein or veggie bowl – layer in some broccoli
- Edamame grain dish – when I have leftovers I just mix edamame with rice/farro/quinoa/couscous and add soy sauce.
You can check out some more of my favorite green recipes HERE. Please share your favorite green recipes below. Yes, you can post links!
I know self-care is about you but because I always get asked this, I’ve included a video here on how to talk to your kids about eating healthy. It’s a good reminder for you too.