Here we go with Round 2 of my recommendations for your Mother’s Day fitness requests (or buys if you’re the one shopping). This is the New Mom list. See HERE for Moms-To-Be and stay-tuned for Veteran Moms (or really ALL moms) tomorrow.
New Fitness Wear:
As a new mom, it can be really awkward trying to find clothes, let alone workout wear, that looks and feels good. If you’re looking for some good ideas to hide that left-over bump when you’re NOT getting your sweat on, read my blog on How To Successfully Dress Your Mummy Tummy. Below are my pics for new moms that include nursing options and most of all provide comfort during workouts.
- Belabumbum has amazing sports bras designed for nursing! The best part is they are actually really cute too (which is hard to come by with nursing wear.). You’ll also find some nice workout nursing tops on their site too. Use code SARAHALEYFIT for 10% off plus FREE shipping.
- PrismSport printed leggings can be a lifesaver for new moms. Why? I’m keeping it real here – because of the prints on the leggings, if you have any leakage while workout out, no one else will ever know. Plus, their designs are just really unique. If you follow me on Instagram, you know I’m obsessed with them. Use code ACTSH1 for 15% off your first order.
- I created my Expecting MORE® loose flow tank top specifically with new moms in mind. The flow of it allows enough room for pregnancy but is also super flattering on a new mom’s tummy. You can purchase it alone or alongside one of my workout programs (The 4th Trimester Workout is perfect for new moms.).
Self Care Items:
- Belly Bandit Belly Wraps: The new mom in your life will thank you for this! It helps the uterus go down more quickly after giving birth and provides core support in helping with any ab separation that might have occurred during pregnancy. I’m a fan of the B.F.F. Wrap since I’m pretty petite but there are a variety of different wraps to choose from. If you shop before May 9, 2017 use code LOVEMOM for 25% off.
2. Basq Cucumber Tea Eye Gel: I started using this eye gel after I had my first son and haven’t stopped since. It has a cooling and refreshing effect on tired eyes, helps smooth fine lines, and hydrates.
Getting back into working out after having a baby is challenging and knowing what kind of workouts to do first can even be more mystifying. Plus, life with a new baby means workouts might have to happen at home more often. Here are my recommendations.
- Expecting MORE®: The 4th Trimester Workout (Gift certificates are also an option.) I created this workout for new moms who are looking for guidance on what and when to workout. I provide a 12-week calendar to help guide them smartly and effectively through their postnatal recovery. From proper core workouts (with modifications for C-section and diastasis recti recoveries) to cardio progressions to strength and conditioning routines, it’s all there.
- Erica Ziel’s CORE REHAB program helps new moms truly connect with their core and learn the correct techniques to properly engage the core in order to heal from childbirth. It’s a great program for moms who are really dedicated to getting results and learning the “why” behind the healing process.
Let me know if you have any questions about any of the products in the comment section below.
**This post contains affiliate links. If you click on my links in this post and make a purchase, I'll receive a referral payment -- at no additional cost to you.