I’m traveling right now, so working out has taken a little more effort than usual. It helps when I remind myself of why I should, so here are the top 5 reasons I stay motivated to work out. Hoping it’ll help keep some of you motivated. Plus, I’d love to hear if you have something to add to the list!
- To live a long life: I want to be around to see my kid(s) grow up, grandkids, and maybe even great-grandkids one day. Working out keeps my heart strong, lowers my risk for numerous diseases, keeps my immune system ﬁghting off all kinds of crap (for lack of a better word), and will help me bounce back quicker if any injuries arise.
- To get stronger: mostly for my son (he’s almost 30 lbs now.), but before I had him this was even important. I like looking strong; I like feeling strong; and I like being strong.
- To keep my other systems intact: when I’m working out, the rest of my body completes their processes better. I think better, I sleep better, I breath better, my energy is better, and there are a couple “you-know-whats” that are also better.
- To eat what I want: Those of you who know me, know I can eat quite a bit for a person my size. I’m not an unhealthy eater, but I do love going out to eat and I eat often. Working out makes it easier to not worry about the quantity of food I eat or feel guilty about treating myself often.
- To look good: call it wanting to feel sexy, call it vain, call it whatever you want, but here isn’t a person out there that can’t admit that this is secretly part of why they work out. I just feel better when my clothes ﬁt well and I feel good in my body.