As promised, here are some Halloween core exercises for you. Your kids will have a ton of fun with these as well. Do the three exercises back to back three times through. There is a PDF/JPG at the bottom so you can print out the workout or save it to your phone. It’s also available on Pinterest HERE if you want to pin it or share it.
1) Begin by sitting on your knees with your gluts touching your heels. Clasp your hands together as if you were holding a large wooden spoon.
2) Slowly raise your gluts up and off of yourheels. Squeeze your butt! As you do this stir your Witches Brew in a big circle to the right.
3) Lower back down half-way.
1) Lie on your back with your legs straight up in the air, hips in line with your feet and feet flexed. Reach your arms out in front of you.
2) Keeping your core engaged and your head on the floor, begin your Frankenstein walk: Simultaneously lower your right arm (do not let it touch the ground) and your left leg closer to the floor. Hold for a count of 2 (Remember Frankenstein moves slowly).
3) Switch arms and legs. Alternate 10 times. Try to keep your limbs as straight as possible as you do this, just like Frankenstein. ***Only go as far as you can while keeping your core engaged. If you feel your rib cage start to open up you’ve lowered your leg too far. Come back up and stir again. Repeat 8 times on each side.
BLACK CAT PREP & STRETCH:
1) Begin on all fours with hands underneath shoulders & knees underneath hips.
2) Lift both knees up off of the floor and hover with core engaged for a count of 10.
3) Lower your knees down and round your back like a Black Cat. Hold for a count of 4. ***Remember to breathe deeply!
Download the PDF HERE or save the JPG to your phone so you can take this workout with you!